Employment Pass Application
With an Employment pass, you can easily travel in and out of Singapore without any hassle. EP holder can also obtain Singapore Permanent Resident.
Steps to getting an Employment Pass in Singapore
A Singapore Employment Pass is a Singapore working visa issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to foreign professional employees, managers, executives and owners or directors of Singapore companies.
Unlike Singapore’s S Pass, the Ministry of Manpower has no explicit quota restrictions on issuing Employment Passes (MOM). As a result, EP applications are rather quick to complete.
Step 1 – EBOS will provide you with a complimentary in-depth analysis of your probability to obtain approval in Employment Pass Application.
Step 2 – EBOS will obtain the supporting documents for submission to MOM.
Step 3 – EBOS obtain In-Principle Approval (IPA) before you arrive in Singapore.
( It takes about 3 weeks or more to process and EP application)
Step 4 – You arrive in Singapore.
Step 5 – EBOS assist to arrange for Employment Pass to be issued.
Step 6 – You register your fingerprints and photos with MOM.
Finally – Employment Pass will be send to your Registered Office by courier
Who can apply for an Employment Pass ?
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,500 for fresh graduates, or at least $5,000 for those in the Financial services sector ( older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.
What Are The Documents That I Need To Prepare?
- A duly filled Employment Pass Application Form 8 endorsed by the employer
- A personal page of the applicant’s passport
- Applicant’s resume detailing his work experience
- Testimonial or References by previous companies
- Latest business profile (ACRA)
- A detailed description of the services/products and its business plan of the employing company.
- Applicant’s detailed job description
- Applicant’s educational certificates.
Additional documents are required if the applicant is from:
- India – transcripts and marksheets
- China – verification proof for diploma and above qualifications (Education certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof)
All documents submitted must be in English. If any documents are not in English, it must be translated into English and attached with the original documents. The translation must be done by a professional translator firm, embassy or notary public.
Our Guidelines For Employment Pass
Getting An Employment Pass
- Key Management Roles
- Working Experience
- Sponsorship Company Industry and Background
- Company’s Capital Structure
- Fresh graduates from good institutions must earn at least $4,500. (or at least $5,000 for those in the Financial services sector)
- Experienced management staff command a much higher salary than $4,500 will stand a better chance.
- MOM does not have a list of approved qualification for employment pass application. However, the skillset provided by applicant should be unique and important to the growth of the business that is sponsoring him/her to obtain an Employment Pass.
- MOM also looks at the achievement and pass track records of the applicants on a case by case-by-case basis. If the candidate has positive exposures in international news and obtained recognition, MOM would favour such application even when the candidates does not possess qualification.
- Hence, having a degree does not guarantee 100% success rate.
Employment Pass Validity
- First-time applicant is valid for up to two years. Thereafter, EP can be renewed up to three years
Permanent Resident Application
- Employment Pass Holder can apply for PR in Singapore. EBOS will assist to access your suitable when you are ready to talk to us about PR application.
Bring My Family
- Successful applicants with exceptional high salary can bring in their family members.
- Application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass Application. Usually, it is better to submit the application after the Employment Pass is approved.
Do It Yourself Application
What To Do Once My Employment Pass Application Is Approved?
Once you’ve submitted all the required documents to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), an agent will update the status on your application via EP Online. If approved, MOM will send an in-principle acceptance (IPA) to you. With the IPA, you can enter into Singapore anytime between six months to collect your Employment Pass (EP).
Additionally, you will receive a notification letter stating the requirement of the candidate’s fingerprints and photo. For those who aren’t registered, you will need to schedule an appointment with MOM to register for your fingerprints including an ID photo once you receive the EP.
During the appointment, please bring along the following documents:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- IPA letter and other documents mentioned in the IPA letter
You will have 2 weeks to register your fingerprints and ID photo after receiving the Employment Pass. In 4 business days, you should receive your EP card.
What Documents are Needed to Apply for Employment Pass?
If you want to work and live in Singapore, you will need to apply for an Employment Pass (EP). To apply, you will need to be in Singapore. You can use the Visitor Pass to enter Singapore while you submit the relevant documents to MOM.
Occasionally, companies and employment agencies will help you prepare the documents and submit them until your status is approved via EP online.
Here are the required documents that you will need to send to MOM when applying for EP:
(i) Candidate’s passport details
(ii) Proof of candidate’s entry into Singapore such as Short-Term Visit Pass or Immigration Pass information
(iii) Candidate’s residence address in Singapore
(iv) The house/apartment address for delivering the EP card to you
(v) One authorised recipient’s contact information to receive SMS or email alert about delivery information
(vi) Candidate’s original educational certificates
(vii) The company’s latest business profile with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
(viii) Other additional documents if MOM requests
(ix) Payment of SGD$225 for pass application
Note: All documents are to be submitted in English or translated into English only.
Eligibility Requirements When Applying for an Employment Pass
To successfully obtain an Employment Pass (EP) in Singapore, you must meet the following qualifications and requirements listed by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- Any nationalities can apply for an EP in Singapore.
- An acceptance letter to work in Singapore (i.e. job offer)
- The candidate’s position should be of managerial, executive, or specialist role.
- The candidate’s monthly fixed salary should at least be SGD$4,500. This applies to new graduate students from reputable universities as well.
- Must have acceptable qualifications such as university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skill.
How will I know if I’m eligible to work in Singapore?
Provided by the Ministry of Manpower, the Self Assessment Tool is an online tool that helps determine if you are qualified for an Employment Pass. The results will be based on the information you have provided such as monthly salary, educational qualification, and work experience.
If the online tool says that you’re not eligible, sometimes there are exceptions that may allow a candidate to work in Singapore, especially for senior management and people with specialised skills.
Upon submission, MOM will review and evaluate the candidate’s application based on their track record and special skills that he/she brings to the Singapore economy.
Candidates With Qualifications
MOM is more likely to approve candidates with qualifications, however, this doesn’t mean that the candidates are automatically eligible for an EP.
Candidates Without Qualifications
Even without qualifications, candidates can still try to apply for an employment pass and get approved by the MOM. Again, they will reflect their decision based on your application.
Company Evaluation from MOM
On top of the candidate’s portfolio, MOM will also evaluate the company applying for the EP. In such cases, they will review the company’s contribution towards Singapore such as:
- The average number of Singaporean staffs in the company,
- Hiring of Singaporean talent compared to the industry average and
- The value contributed towards the economy and society.
If the company checklists the above points, the candidate’s chances of receiving an EP are much greater.
Facts You Should Know About Employment Pass
- First-time candidates will receive an EP that will last up to 2 years while renewed EP can be valid up to 3 years.
- The Employment Pass allows a person to stay and work in Singapore until it expires.
- The employee must have a minimum salary of SGD$4,500 per month to obtain an EP. Candidates with more experience will require a higher salary.
- Candidates under the Employment Pass will be subject to personal tax depending on their salary.
- EP holders can bring their family into Singapore but they will be under the Dependent Pass or Long-Term Visit Pass.
Note: All visa applications including EP applications are either delayed or processed much longer due to the COVID-19 circumstances. For more information, you can contact us.
Employment Pass Application Processing Timeframe
Employment Pass applications usually take at least a week to be issued after they are submitted, based on our own experience. Depending on a variety of factors, the processing time may be much longer in some cases. Factors such as the company’s operating history and size do make a difference, for obvious reasons. It is best to engage with our EP Success team today for a free consultation